Learn to design resilient disaster recovery solutions in Azure, and ensure business continuity using ASR, Chaos Studio
What you’ll learn
- Understand the importance of disaster recovery and business continuity planning for cloud environments.
- Learn the key concepts and terminology related to disaster recovery in Azure, including recovery point objective (RPO), recovery time objective (RTO).
- Learn how to plan and implement a disaster recovery solution for a sample application, including configuring replication, testing failover and failback.
- Learn best practices for disaster recovery in Azure, including designing for resiliency, monitoring and testing your solution, and optimizing for cost.
- Explore real-world case studies and examples of disaster recovery in Azure
- Chaos Studio
- A basic understanding of cloud computing concepts and terminology, such as virtual machines and storage.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure, including the Azure Portal.
- Zeal to learn new technology
- Having these prerequisites in place will help students get the most out of the course, and will ensure that they have the foundational knowledge and skills needed to implement and manage disaster recovery solutions in Azure.
Disasters can strike at any time, whether it’s a natural disaster like a hurricane, a cyber attack, or a hardware failure. For businesses, these events can be catastrophic, resulting in data loss, downtime, and lost revenue. However, with the right disaster recovery plan in place, businesses can minimize the impact of these events and ensure that critical applications and data are available when they are needed most.
The course is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of disaster recovery concepts and best practices, and how they can be applied in the context of Azure. This includes topics such as:
Understanding the different types of disasters that can impact businesses, and the potential consequences of data loss and downtime.
Learning about the key concepts of disaster recovery, such as RPO, RTO, and high availability.
Familiarizing yourself with the different Azure services and features that can be used to implement disaster recovery, such as Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup, and Azure Virtual Machines.
Learning how to configure and test disaster recovery solutions in Azure, including setting up replication, creating recovery plans, and automating failover and failback procedures.
Monitoring and troubleshooting your disaster recovery solutions using Azure Monitor and other tools.
Throughout the course, you’ll have access to a range of learning resources, including video lectures, step-by-step tutorials, and hands-on exercises. You’ll also have the opportunity to ask questions and receive feedback from the instructor, as well as connect with other students in the course.
By the end of the course, you’ll have a solid understanding of disaster recovery in Azure, and be equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to design and implement resilient disaster recovery solutions for your business or organization. Whether you’re an IT professional, a developer, or a business owner, this course will provide you with valuable insights and practical skills that you can apply in your own work.
Who this course is for:
- Cloud architects and engineers who are responsible for designing and implementing Azure solutions, including disaster recovery plans.
- IT managers and decision-makers who need to understand the benefits and risks of disaster recovery in the cloud, and how to implement and manage such solutions.
- System administrators and DevOps professionals who are responsible for maintaining and monitoring Azure solutions, including disaster recovery configurations.
- Developers and software engineers who are responsible for designing and building applications in Azure, and who need to understand how to ensure that their applications are resilient to disasters.
- Overall, the course is designed for anyone who wants to learn about disaster recovery in Azure and gain the skills and knowledge needed to implement and manage such solutions effectively.