Learn how to create, integrate, run and share your own Docker Images online. Welcome to the World Docker Community !!
What you’ll learn
- Docker Fundamentals
- Docker Objects
- Docker CLI
- Docker Hub Cloud Repositories
- Docker Networks
- Docker Compose
- Docker Documentation
- Create, Integrate, Run and Share Docker Images and Containers
- Optimize your run statements for leveraging the most out of Docker features
- Real working examples with Java standalone apps and Java Spring Boot MVC apps, integrated with MySQL, running inside multiple containers
- No previous knowledge on Docker or programming languages required
- Basic Development experience will be useful
- One should have an Operating System installed at his PC or desktop, preferably Linux Ubuntu… though Docker can be installed and run on Windows and iOS as well
this is a Docker Course for beginners.
Initially designed to be a series of Youtube videos, I later decided to join them into a whole Udemy course, as a lot of content has been added, both regarding the theory as the practice of Docker Fundamentals.
Through this course, you’ll will start from ZERO and learn everything you need to know about how to start dockerizing your own software applications and sharing those at Docker Hub Cloud. You’ll learn how to create and deploy multiple integrated Docker Containers using different network types. You’ll learn how to use Docker CLI and Docker Compose for easily running local and remote Docker images/containers. You’ll also learn how to extend and reuse public Docker Images from Docker Hub and integrate those with your own, mounting up a whole system environment, in an easy, fast and automated way.
In this course, you’ll learn in 8 Lectures (12+ hours):
01 – How to Install and Test Docker on Linux
02 – Create Your First Image, Containerize a Sample App and Share It at Docker Hub
03 – Containerize and Share a Full Spring Boot Application at Docker Hub
04 – Run MySQL from inside a Container and Test It with MySQL CLI and MySQL Workbench
05 – Integrate Multiple Containers Using Links – Spring Boot and MySQL
06 – Diving Into Networking Theory – The Bridge Network Driver
07 – Bridge Network in Practice – Default (with Links) x User-Defined (no Links)
08 – Docker Compose, YAML and CLI Statements Optimizations – Final Project Run
If you’ve never used Docker before, welcome to this exciting, essential and extremely useful technology.
If you’re already a Docker user, surely there’s a lot you’ll gain from this course, adding up to your previous knowledge about this amazing deployment platform.
Docker is a “MUST-KNOW” technology for anyone who works or is interested in working with Software Industry, no matter what specific interests or position one may have.
Let’s start this journey together and adventure into the Dockerizing world of Docker !! Welcome aboard !!
* midi songs used at the beginning and ending of each lecture have been freely supplied by Aleksandr Shamaluev at ashamaluevmusic website.
** set the displaying resolution of the lecture videos to 1k at the bottom right configuration button. Udemy generally sets a lower resolution. Although all videos have been rendered and uploaded in 4k, the max resolution at Udemy is 1k (or lower, if you do not set it manually).
Who this course is for:
- For software developers who wanna learn about Docker in order to learn how to containerize their apps and integrate these with other images at Docker Hub
- For software testers and deployers who wanna learn about Docker in order to learn how to create and run containers of images created by the development teams, mounting up the whole system environment in a simpler and automatic way
- For general people interested in learning about Docker Images, Docker Containers, Docker CLI, Docker Compose and Docker Hub