Master the Principles and Best Practices for Effective Risk Management in Your Business with ISO 31000
What you’ll learn
- Understand the ISO 31000:2009 Risk Management standard and its significance for organizations.
- Develop clear objectives for implementing ISO 31000 in their organization.
- Assess and map their current governance arrangements to determine areas for improvement.
- Define their commitment to risk management and set objectives for implementing ISO 31000:2009.
- Develop performance measures for risk management and understand the role of internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate their risk management commitment to stakeholders effectively.
- Design a comprehensive risk management framework in line with ISO 31000:2009.
- Compare their current risk management approach to ISO 31000:2009 and identify areas for improvement.
- Understand the risk management principles and the internal and external contexts of their organization.
- Develop a risk management policy that aligns with the organization’s objectives and risk attitude.
- Understand their organization’s capability, capacity, and culture with respect to risk management.
- Plan the transition to ISO 31000:2009 and implement the risk management framework effectively.
- Develop a risk management plan and allocate the necessary resources to implement it.
- Monitor and review the risk management framework and process for continuous improvement.
- Continuously improve the risk management framework and its implementation through regular assessments and feedback.
- Access to a computer or device with an internet connection to view the course materials.
- A willingness to learn and apply the principles of ISO 31000:2009 in a practical setting.
- An open mind and a willingness to embrace a systematic approach to risk management.
This course, “A practical Guide to ISO31000 Risk Management,” is an in-depth and comprehensive guide to understanding and implementing ISO 31000 risk management standards. The course is designed to provide practical and actionable advice for organizations of all sizes, and is especially useful for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). The course is organized into seven sections that cover the various aspects of risk management, and includes annexes that provide additional guidance and resources for SMEs.
The first section provides an overview of the course, including its objectives and governance. It also covers the importance of clear objectives and mapping and assessing current governance arrangements.
The second section focuses on mandate and commitment, and provides guidance on defining your commitment to risk management and setting objectives for implementing ISO 31000:2009. This section also covers the development of performance measures for risk management, the role of internal and external stakeholders, and the communication of the risk management commitment to stakeholders.
The third section is designed to help you design a framework for managing risk, and covers the risk management framework, the comparison of your current risk management approach to ISO 31000:2009, risk management principles, understanding the internal and external contexts of your organization, the risk management policy, alignment between the risk management policy and the organization, and the risk attitude and criteria.
The fourth section covers the implementation of risk management, including understanding your organization’s capability, capacity, and culture with respect to risk, planning the transition to ISO 31000:2009, implementing the risk management framework, the risk management plan, the resources needed to implement the risk management plan, establishing the context of the risk management process, and risk management methodologies.
The fifth section focuses on monitoring and review, and covers the monitoring and review of the risk management framework and the risk management process.
The sixth section provides guidance on the continuous improvement of the framework, including determining the effectiveness of risk management, continual improvement of the framework, and continual improvement of the implementation of the process.
Finally, the annexes provide additional resources and guidance for SMEs, including risk management techniques, specific guidance, and references.
By the end of this course, you will have a complete understanding of ISO 31000 Risk Management and how to implement it in your organization. Whether you are new to risk management or have experience in the field, this course will provide you with the knowledge and tools you need to succeed.
Who this course is for:
- Small and medium-sized business owners and managers.
- Risk management professionals seeking to improve their knowledge of ISO 31000:2009.
- Internal auditors and quality managers looking to implement ISO 31000:2009 in their organization.
- Project managers who need to understand the principles of risk management in the context of ISO 31000:2009.
- Compliance professionals who need to understand the requirements of ISO 31000:2009 for risk management.
- Entrepreneurs and start-up owners who need to develop effective risk management processes for their businesses.
- Students and professionals in the fields of finance, insurance, and business management.
- Anyone interested in improving their understanding of risk management and its implementation in organizations.