Warehouse Management, Warehouse Automation, Supply Chain, Logistics
What you’ll learn
- Define Supply Chain and Supply Chain Management
- Define Logistics and Logistics Management
- Define Transportation and Transportation Management
- Define Shipping and INCO Terms
- Define the role of Supply Chain Managers, Logistics Managers and Warehouse Managers
- Understand 3rd Party and 4th Party Logistics Providers
- Understand Distribution Centers, Fulfilment Centers and Micro Fulfilment Centers
- Understand Public Warehousing, Private Warehousing and Bonded Warehousing
- Understand the different Warehouse Ambiences & Temperature Requirements
- Understand the Warehouse Infrastructure and components
- Understand best practices in Warehouse design
- Understand the different Racking systems of a warehouse
- Gain a deep understanding on Warehouse Automation and Robotics
- Define the different Warehouse Layouts & Designs
- Understand Warehouse Material Handling Equipment and Vehicles
- Insights into Warehouse Safety Best Practices
- Understand Data Capturing Technologies like Barcode Scanners and RFID’s
- Understand the difference between 1D and 2D Barcode Symbologies
- Understand the Warehouse Inbound Cycle (Receiving, Putaway, Quality Control)
- Understand Warehouse Inventory Management best Practices
- Understand the Warehouse Outbound Cycle (Order Management, Picking, Loading ,Shipping)
- Understand the role of a Warehouse Management System
- Anyone can take this course (no prior knowledge of Warehouse Management is required)
Welcome to the comprehensive course on Supply Chain and Warehouse Management! As the instructor, I am thrilled to guide you through the exciting world of supply chain management, covering key topics such as defining the supply chain, logistics, transportation, and warehouse management.
Together, we will explore the essential roles of freight forwarding and shipping and the importance of warehousing in supply chain management. Also, you will learn about the various types of warehouses, distribution centers, and fulfillment centers, highlighting their roles and importance in supply chain management.
In addition, you will discover the different warehouse temperatures and design layouts, and we will dive into best practices for pallet and non-pallet storage systems and material handling equipment. Safety is a top priority, and we will discuss the best ways to maintain a safe and secure warehouse environment.
We will also explore the role and importance of Automated Identification and Data Capture (AIDC) in warehouse management, and how to leverage warehouse automation to enhance efficiency and productivity. Lastly, we will cover warehouse inbound (end-to-end) and outbound processes (end-to-end), inventory management, and warehouse management systems, providing you with a complete understanding of the critical elements required to manage a successful warehouse.
As your instructor, I am excited to share my knowledge and expertise with you, and I am committed to providing you with an engaging and informative learning experience. Join me on this exciting journey into the world of supply chain and warehouse management!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to expand their knowledge about Warehouse Management and Warehouse Automation